1. Roberto Bhautista Agut wins Chennai Open ATP-250 event.
2. Gujarat beats Mumbai in Indore to clinch its first Ranji Trophy title.
3. Saina Nehwal wins the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold in Sarawak.
4. Serana Williams defeats sister Venus Williams to clinch the Australian Open, her 23rd Grand Slam.
5. Roger Federer wins an epic final against Rafael Nadal to win the Australian Open, his 18th Grand Slam title.
1. India beats New-Zealand 4-1 in the Davis Cup in Pune.
2. Kalinga Lancers wins the Hockey India League beating Dabang Mumbai 4-1.
3. The duo of Heena Sidhu and Jitu Rai bags gold int he mixed air pistol event in the Shooting World Cup.
1. Tamil Nadu beats Bengal by 37 runs to clinch its fifth Vijay Hazare Trophy domestic one-day title.
2. India beats Australia by eight wickets in the fourth and final Test in Dharamshala to clinch the Border-Gavaskar series 2-1.
3. R. Ashwin voted ICC Cricketer and Test Cricketer of the year for 2016.
1. P.V Sindhu wins the Indian Open in New Delhi, defeating Carolina Marin.
2. The Indian women bag the Hockey World League Round-2.
3. T. Mariyappan, Sakshi Malik and Dipa Karmakar win the Padma Shri.
4. Pankaj Advani wins the sixth Asian billiards title, beating Sourav Kothari.
5. Sai Praneeth wins the Singapore Open, outlawing K. Srikanth.
6. Joshna Chinappa wins the women's title in the Asian Squash Championship in Chennai.
1. Chelsea wins the Premier League title.
2. Bajrang Punia bas the 65kg gold in the Asian Wrestling Championship in New Delhi.
1. Sai Praneeth wins the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton in Bangkok.
2. Rohan Bopanna wins his first Grand Slam title, claiming the French Open Mixed doubles crown with Canadian Partner Gabriaela Dabrowski.
3. Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia bags maiden Grand Slam title of French Open.
4. Rafael Nadal of Spain wins the French Open.
5. K. Srikanth emerges champion in the Indonesian Open Super Series.
6. The Pakistan cricket team won the Champions Trophy.
7. K. Srikanth wins the Australian Open Super Series Title.
1. The Indian men's football team reaches its best-ever FIFA ranking of 96 in two decades.
2. India clinches the series 3-1 agains host West Indies.
3. G. Lakshmanan becomes the first Indian to bag the 5000m and 10,000m titles in the Asian athletics championship, in Bhubaneswar.
4. Ravi Shashtri takes over as the Chief Coach of the Indian Cricket Team.
5. Spain's Garbine Muguruza clinches the Wimbledon crown.
6. Switzerland's Roger Federer wins a record eighth title at Wimbledon.
7. The Indian Women's team loses to England in the World Cup final at Lord's.
1. Justin Gatlin pips Usain Bolt in the World Athletics Championship in London.
2. Saurav Ghosal and Joshna Chinappa bag the men's and women's national squash titles respectively.
1. India beats Sri Lanka in the fifth ODI at Colombo to win the ODI series 5-0.
2. American Sloane Stephens beats Venus Williams in the U.S. Open final to win her first Grand Slam.
3. Rafael Nadal beats Kevin Anderson in straight sets to win his third U.S.Open title, and 16th Grand Slam.
4. P.V. Sindhu defeats Nozomi Okhuhara to win the Korea Open Super Series.
1. Host India wins the ODI series 4-1 versus Australia.
2. With the last match called off, the three-match T20 series between India and Australia ends 1-1.
3. India beats Malaysia 2-1 in the final in Dhaka to clinch its third Asia Cup Hockey Title.
4. K. Srikanth beats Korean Lee Hyun to win Denmark Open Super Series Title.
5. Lewis Hamilton joins select club of five drivers with four of more Formula 1 World Titles.
6. England beats Spain 5-2 in the final to win the FIFA u-17 World Cup in Kolkata.
7. K. Srikanth bags the French Open Super Series.
8. Caroline Wozniacki beats Venus Williams to win her maiden WTA final crown in Singapore.
1. The Indian women's hockey team regains the Asia Cup after 13 years.
2. Mary Kom clinches gold in Asian women's boxing championship.
3. Mirabai Chanu wins the Women's 48kg gold at the World Weightlifting Championship in Anaheim, USA.
1. Virat Kohli hits his 6th double hundred, surpasses Brian Lara for most double tons by a Test Captain.
2. Kohli also becomes the Second Indian Player after Vinoo Mankad (vs New Zealand in 1955-56) and the 13th overall to post two innings of 200 in the same Test Series. Don Bradman had achieved the feat four times, including three innings of 200-plus versus England in 1930.
3. Kohli becomes the first Indian captain to complete 1000 runs in a calendar year twice.
4. Chritiano Ronaldo wins 5th Ballon d'Or, pulling level with Lionel Messi.
5. The visually-impaired swimmer, Kanchanmala Pande, wins gold in the 200m medley event in the S-11 category at the World Para Championship, the first Indian to achieve the feat.
6. Rohit Sharma scores his third ODI double century agains Sri Lanka in Mohali, becomes the first batsman to do so.
7. P.V Sindhu wins silver in the BWF World Super Series Final, losing to Japan's Akane Yamaguchi in the title clash in Dubai.
8. Hos India wins the ODI series 2-1 versus Sri Lanka.
9. Vijender Singh beats Ghana's Ernest Amuzu for his 10th consecutive win in pro boxing, retaining his WBO Oriental & Asia Pacific super middleweight pro boxing titles.
10. Host India blanks Sri Lanka 3-0 in the T20 series.
11. Viswanathan Anand wins the World rapid chess championship title in Riyadh.