JNANPITH AWARD 2017:
- Renowned Hindi literature writer Krishna Sobti has been awarded the 53rd Jnanpith Award for the year 2017.
- She is eighth women to win this award.
- She also has written under the name Hashmat.
- His famous works are : Mitro Marjani, Dear se Bichhudi, Zindaginama, Badalon ke Ghere, Ai Ladki, Dil-o-Danish and Gujarat Pakistan Se Gujarat Hindustan.
- She has been the winner of the following awards also
- Hindi Akademi Awards
- Shiroman Awards
- Maithali Sharan Gupt Samman
- Sahitya Akademi Award for her novel Zindaginama,
- Shaitya Akademi Fellowship
- Padma Bhushan
- It is India' highest literary honor.
- It was established in 1961 by Bharatiya Jnanpith Trust founded by the Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain family that owns the Times of India newspaper group.
- Any person, who writes in any of the 22 official language mentioned in VIII Schedule of Constitution of India and English language, is eligible for this award.
- This award carries a cash prize of 11 lakh rupees.
- The first winner of this award was G. Sankara Kurup in Malayalam language.
- The first women winner of this award was Ashapoorna Devi in Bengali language.